Adult Faith formation
FOR YOUNG ADULTS
Young Adult Groups (aka YAG) are run by young adults and meet at both church and at bars; plan hikes and plan prayer; go on trips and go on retreats. YAG is comprised of men and women, single and married, aged 20-39 who get together for faith, community and social. We are social, but we are not just a social club. We hear speakers, but we also listen to you. We seek spiritual enrichment, yet often find it at neighborhood bars by participating in events such as Theology on Tap. We grow our own community, and we reach out socially and in service to the larger community. Our YAG has already completed an outstanding Alpha program on our shared Christian faith and have big plans for the coming year! Bring a friend and share the vision!
To learn more about our Young Adult Group here in Assumption in San Leandro simply call the rectory and ask for Jim or Mary at 510-352-1537 or leave a message with Martha or Kelly!
- Pope Francis – has released this video – the first in a series of ten for Year of the Family.
- Ten-minute Dates - to refresh your relationship – get some ideas here.
FOR PARENTS AND CHILDREN
- The Peyton Institute for Domestic Church Life offers monthly seminars for parents on the 3rd Friday of each month go here.
- Theology of the Body for children in K – 5. Ruah Woods offers materials that are a wonderful, age-appropriate introduction of God’s plan for life and love. More info here. Info on materials for middle school available here.
- virtual field trips/activities for kids here
- pro-life resources for children from Healing the Culture here
- teaching good values – video – here
- Catholic books for young teens here
- Pray the Film is an outstanding movie about the life of Fr Patrick Peyton, who originated the phrase “The family that Prays Together, Stays Together.” Here is a short trailer… consider watching it as a family! More information at www.praythefilm.com.
- on your very own FORMED! Children Programming such as Benjamin Cello!
- Men, this is an invitation to go to join a Monthly Men's fellowship at Church of the Assumption ( every third Saturday from 9-12- prayer-video, discussions and great food, AT NO COST!!) We will be watching a video series for men called Into the Breach and is available to you on FORMED as well! Go to www.formed.org and watch or listen to an excellent video series for men entitled INTO THE BREACH. The easiest way to find it is to use the available Search Box. Each episode on topics such as leadership, family, brotherhood and prayer, to name a few, are short, but powerful. It is time for us men to go Into the Breach!
- Women are gifted with what Saint John Paul II calls The Feminine Genius. Edith Stein’s insights were key to this enlightened understanding of the nature of women. This is an invitation to watch or listen to a four-part series from Formed Now entitled THE FEMININE GENIUS. There are many different presentations with this title, but this series has the picture of someone working with plants.
Any woman interested in being a part of a team of women to lead others in exploring these topics are encouraged to call Jim Brady or Mary Schirmer at 510-352-1537